Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Thursday, September 05, 2002


Distant Early Warning??
Many will recall that in the days prior to 9/11, there was an assassination attempt (successful) on the leader of the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan. In retrospect, it seems to have been an effort to destroy a potential adversary to OBL, and hinder an attempt by the US to retaliate against the Taliban and Al Qaeda. Obviously, it failed, but I find it hard not to notice the parallel between what happened then (assassination of pro-Western leader in Afghanistan) and what almost happened today to Hamid Karzai. Coupled with this very worrying story about a possible break-in at Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, where a lot of high grade chemical and biological munitions are thought to be stored, and I could start to worry. I have been very critical of our government recently, but I sure as hell hope they are a lot more competent than I have been giving them credit for, and I hope that they prove my criticisms wrong. I also dearly hope I am wrong about all of these coincidences (I didn't even mention the Al Qaeda connected car bomb in Afghanistan, or the huge car bomb that failed to detonate in Israel).

Did I mention that I really hope I am wrong?

Home