Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Tuesday, August 06, 2002


I have been silent for a week or so, but I think I should say a few words about Brian Linse's new addendum to his blog, The Lefty Directory. First, thanks for including me on that list! I don't write about politics that much, but I do consider myself a "lefty", whatever that means. I think people get way too bogged down in what their label should be (I'm looking at you, Layne), but it is fair to say that I think a government can play a positive role in helping people and protecting them, and I abhor all facets of religious fundamentalism, whatever strain it might be. By the way, does anyone else think Layne might have been joking? He's got a pretty weird sense of humor, and certainly doesn't seem to be too afraid of stirring things up. Anyway, it really doesn't matter. Others have said a great deal about this issue, and I will not go on much longer. Just remember the old adage, "Any publicity is good publicity", and don't worry so much about labeling.
UPDATE: It looks like I was right to suggest that Layne was just screwing around. Advantage: ehh, forget it...

Home