Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Thursday, May 30, 2002


Genes v. Environment
Verdict: Genes must stay 500 feet from Environment at all times (Oblique, obligatory Simpsons reference)

I am working on a lengthy post that I think takes off tangentially from the subject of Evolution and attacks a big problem in society today wrt biological sciences, biotechnology, and "genetic engineering". The impact of "environment" (by which I mean the immediate surroundings of a given organism or population, not the environment that we may (or may not) want to save, is sometimes underestimated, sometimes overestimated, but almost never given the credit it deserves, IMO. I will start later tonight, following up on my late night ramblings of last night, and hopefully go somewhere useful with this.

Home