Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Monday, April 01, 2002


I haven't been up to blogging this weekend, the news is just too damned depressing. Here are two rec's, tho. Go to Jay Manifold's page for a tutorial on the dangers of asteroid impacts, and an idea for how to create a reasonably priced, reasonably effective system to deal with the threat. I do have a few questions about it, which I will try to find time to raise, but I think is it a great bit of (a touch technical) writing, that gives us a good base for discussion (I didn't link the text, because it is on the left. Also, Lagniappe has a great essay on paying attention to the little anomalies in scientific research, and the dichotomy between getting things done and figuring things out. Worth reading, especially for the working scientist.

Home