Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Wednesday, March 27, 2002


Two quick hits to start off. Bill Quick(DailyPundit) recommends a column on TechCentralStation about global warming that is very interesting, and points out how difficult this type of research is. As a surprise bonus, the author is actually a real live climate researcher at Harvard. I will write some non-expert stuff on this later.

The second is a mea culpa and acknowledgement that my ass has been fact-checked! It turns out, via Ross Nordeen, that Op-Ed does not stand for "Opinion and Editorial," but rather for "Opposite Editorial," which makes sense in terms of layout, although I will point out that my version makes sense in terms of content, and considering that many newspapers and newspaper websites use "Opinion" or "Opinion/Editorial" as the header/link, I think my mistake should be forgiven! Anyway, thanks Ross for teaching me a stern lesson!

Home