Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Monday, March 11, 2002


I, unfortunately, (or fortunately), have very little to add to the remembrance of 9/11. Like most people on the West Coast, I was sleeping when it happened. My wife came into the bedroom (she was up early that day), and said "A plane crashed into the World Trade Center." I thought she meant a Cessna or something (pre-9/11, that would be major news). I didn't think much of it till I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and went downstairs to see the horror of it all. Like most other people, I spent that day, and the next few weeks after, glued to the T.V. or the Web (and found out about hyperblogging law professors). It wasn't until a couple of days later, after the shock wore off, that I realized that my cousin lived in NYC, and thought to find out how she was (she's fine). That's my story, for what it's worth. I expect most people have a similar one.

Home