Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Monday, March 18, 2002


I haven't had all that much to say this weekend, which explains the absence of posts. Some places to visit; see Matt Welch for a long and worthwhile discussion of the atrocious behavior of the San Francisco Chronicle's editorial board wrt an interview with DoD hawk Paul Wolfowitz. Welch's partner-in-crime Ken Layne has some good posts, too many to recount. Just go read it. My next post will be a bit of a discourse on innate v. adaptive immunity, referencing an article Kathy Kinsley discussed with me in her forum (I can't find her original entry on the site, but it was about bolstering innate immunity as a bioterror defense.
Update: This just in; A Swedish research team is rebutting the article critical of mammography with a new, updated study that shows a benefit for mammograms over the age of 55. The S.F. Chronicle article discussing the new study is vague. This is science in action, folks! I will blog more on it when I read the article.

Home