Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Monday, March 18, 2002


Here's a quick hit (the hard core biology stuff will have to wait till tomorrow), a response by Sylvia Nasar to the attacks on her book, John Nash's character, and the alleged truth-bending in "A Beautiful Mind." As one who was critical of the alleged changes in Dr. Nash's story, I found her opinion very interesting. I think at some point I will have to actually read this book. To summarize, she says that Dr. Nash claimed to have had no homosexual relationships, and that the long term relationship with his wife/ex-wife/remarried wife was essentially continuous, as they did live together after they divorced. She circumstantially defends him against the charge of anti-semitism, by suggesting that his biggest supporters have been Jewish. I don't really know what to make of that last bit. I guess I should read the book.
Link from Heretical Ideas.

Home