Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Monday, February 18, 2002


Well, Ben Kepple has responded, and others (my main man Ted Barlow, for example, who made me a permalink, yay!) have also had a bit to say, and, well, perhaps I was a little hard on the guy. His knowledge of one of my favorite places in the world, The Claremont Colleges, is formidable, and his mention of Pitzer is proof that he knows pie-in-the-sky leftists when he sees them. Of course, they were so stoned that they probably never made any public policy decisions (that's a joke for all you Sagechickens out there). And of course, I was not terribly surprised that Ben (are we still at "Mr" this and "Dr" that? I thought the web was a more convivial place!) worked for Horowitz, something he did make plain at the beginning of his post. I was stewing a bit last night over the moral relativist crack, and I may have ventured into a bit of ranting myself. I still, however, will not accept the "mountain of anecdotal evidence" for the same reasons I site below. No personal story is going to sway a hard core rationalist like me. If it is so clear, lets have some honest numbers that can stand up to a bit of the criticism, eh? I am looking forward to his response on the Abortion issue.

Home