Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Thursday, February 28, 2002


Now, I am generally in favor of letting go of the 2000 presidential election, admitting that it was a tie, and that randomness interceded (along with a narrowly divided Supreme Court) to make GW Bush president, but then I read something like this and I have to wonder whether this has really been investigated enough. Based on this admittedly rather unsubstantiated story, did Kathleen Harris steal the election in FL for W, and then get rewarded with an ambassadorship? I saw a bit of this stuff, mainly squelched as "Boo hoo, some felons didn't get to vote, who cares?", but it seems important to me, if there was any intention of deliberately disenfranchising people who deserved to vote (i.e., people with no record, or misdemeanors, who were allowed to vote in FL). I am still in favor of keeping W for the duration of his term, but a bit more inspection of Ms. Harris might be in order. Is the leftie blogosphere the only place that this is being investigated? Maybe someone should put it together and publish the story (assuming they haven't already).

Home