Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Tuesday, January 15, 2002


I am in the process of adding some new links to the side of this blog, (in other words, I keep thinking, "I really need to add some links to the page"), but until I do, I will be stuck adding them into the text. Now, on to the meat of the subject. If you don't already read it, check out Tuesday Morning Quarterback, a regular feature on Slate by Gregg Easterbrook. He is a very talented writer, and if you are a sports fan, you will enjoy his analysis of NFL football, as well has his terrific sense of humor. This is one of the best regular features Slate has, and one of the things that keeps me visiting the site. Tim Noah's Chatterbox column has some interesting things to say about a sleazy move by the sainted Robert Rubin, former Sec. Treas. in the Clinton Administration. As I said before, I will say more about Enron soon, when I get a few minutes. If the embedded links don't work, you can get to Slate from the links at left. For those of you in the LA area, KPCC, one of the local NPR stations is doing an hour segment on the state of Missile Defense research and development at 10 this morning (Airtalk with Larry Mantle (sp?), my favorite local NPR shows). He has Pat Buchanan on in the 9 am hr, so if you want to hear his latest rancid pile of shit about how immigration is ruining our country (I guess Irish immigrants are good though, right? Gee, why do you think that might be??), you can hear that too. Larry is pretty argumentative, so you can expect a lively debate, and Buchanan b.s. is unlikely to go unchallenged.

Home