Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Thursday, December 06, 2001


Well, I will try again, since my first effort at a serious post failed. The issue that I would like to expound to no one on is, What do we do with the captured Taliban/Al Qaeda footsoldiers? At least some of them are probably not really terrorists, or at least have never committed an actual terrorist act. Is intent to do something bad justification for criminal or war crimes trial? I don't really think so. This is not to make light of the seriousness of what some members of these groups have done, to the contrary. I see a parallel with the Nuremburg trial, and the question of where to draw the line. If I am not mistaken, a number of people were acquitted because it was felt that they were not in a position to object to the Holocaust, having insufficient rank. I am not actually consulting history books here, just thinking out loud. As soon as I figure out how to put links and comment sections into this beast, I will.

Home