Turned up to eleven: Fair and Balanced

Friday, December 07, 2001


Ashcroft is taking a lot of you-know-what from every corner today, and his toadies at OpinionJournal (registration is req'd, so I am not linking it)are taking it as well from Welch via AintNoBadDude. Since everyone is doing it, I thought I would join in the chorus. Here is a guy who came in second to a DEAD MAN in the last Senate election, and he gets rewarded with a trip to Washington to be the top cop of the land. Interestingly, Chris Hitchens was on Politically Incorrect last night, and he suggested that we should impeach Ashcroft. I don't know about that (although I certainly wouldn't cry), but I think the softball hearing he had yesterday is no good. I hope the Supreme Court is up to the challenge. They certainly haven't been in the recent past (Bush v. Gore, anyone?)

Home